Saturday, February 14, 2015

Five for Friday with FREEBIES for Presidents' Day and Mardi Gras

Whew!  Made it through Valentine's Day.  We had a great time at school with different Valentine's themed learning activities and of course our little party.  The kids are always so excited to hand out their cards and to receive cards from their friends.  It is so fun to sit back and watch.
This Five for Friday I'd like share a couple user friendly Valentine activities we did and some freebies that I'll be using next week to celebrate Presidents' Day and Mardi Gras.


Number 1
We made Valentine bags in class to collect our cards.  This year we made mice out of hearts.  They were crazy simple to make and turned out really cute.  My firsties loved seeing the hearts transform into mice.


Number 2
Always a favorite, we graphed candy message hearts.  This year we also used them for patterns.  My kids adore working with candy.  It makes math time feel like playtime.


If you would like a FREE copy of the activities above, click on the picture.  If you would like to read more about some of the other activities we did for Valentine's Day this year, you can click here.



Number 3
As you know, Presidents' Day is this week one of the activities will be doing is a shared research project about George Washington.  We will research information about him and create a class bubble map.  After we create the bubble map will make the craftivity pictured below.
If you would like a copy of of my George Washington {A FREE Writing Craftivity}, click on the picture.



Number 4
Mardi Gras falls on February 17th this year.  Most of my students do not know what Mardi Gras is.  So I like to do a little something in class for my kids to learn about some ;) of the traditions involved with this holiday.
We'll have kings cake and make these Mardi Gras Kids spelling art projects to display in the hall.



We will also do some Mardi Gras themed word problems in math using my Mardi Gras Math {A FREE Math Mini Book}.


If you would like to have either of these activities to use with your students, click on the pictures.


Number 5
I have some news that I'm sure is only exciting to me, but I'll share anyway.  I hit 1,000 followers on Teachers Pay Teachers!  I really try not to pay to much attention to numbers because they can be a bit discouraging (in many areas of life).  But 1,000 feels like a number for a little celebration.  
As a token of my appreciation for this happy milestone, my my entire store will be on sale for the next 3 days.  Enjoy!



Thank you for stopping by and thanks once again to Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting Five for Friday.  Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting 1,000 followers! That is so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - 1,000 followers! I noticed you have a student named Reese - me, too! We even had a Reese in our Valentine Exchange! My maiden name was Reese so I love the name! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mice bags are precious! Love them. Congrats on your 1000 followers on TPT!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 1,000 followers! That is definitely a milestone to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on reaching 1000 followers! That's fantastic! You are very deserving of this honor!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete